CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.03Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.35Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionNewly-promoted to Captain, Dan Lenson's first glimpse of his command is of a ship literally high and dry. The USS Savo Island, which carries a classified, never-before-deployed missile defence system, has run aground on an exposed sandbar off Naples. Captain Lenson has to relieve the ship's disgraced skipper and deploy on a secret mission-Operation Stellar Shield-which will take his ship and crew into the dangerous waters bordering the Middle East. As a climate of war builds between Israel and Iraq, with threats of nuclear and chemical weapons, Dan has to rally Savo Island's demoralized crew, confront a mysterious death on board ship, while learning to operate a complex missile system that has t been battle tested. But when the conflict reaches a climax, Dan is forced to make a decision that may cost hundreds of thousands of incent lives-or may save them, but at the cost of his ship and his career. Filled with dramatic sea adventure, authentic weapons and techlogy, and distinguished by Poyer's deep understanding of duty and the moral choices made in combat, The Cruiser is the fourteenth vel to feature Dan Lenson in military service that carries him throughout the world.
- Author BiographyDAVID POYER's naval career included service in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, Arctic, Caribbean, the Middle East, and Pacific. The Cruiser is the fourteenth in his continuing Dan Lenson series. He's also written sailing, diving, and nautical history articles for Chesapeake Bay, Southern Boating, Shipmate, Tidewater Virginian, and other periodicals. His work has been required reading in the Literature of the Sea course at the U.S. Naval Academy. Previous novels in the Dan Lenson series include The Towers, The Crisis, and The Weapon. He lives on the Eastern Shore of Virginia with his wife and daughter, with whom he explores the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic coast in their sloop, Water Spirit.
- Author(s)David Poyer
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date23/09/2016
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.