Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionFrom The Crystal Egg : There was, until a year ago, a little and very grimy-looking shop near Seven Dials over which, in weather-worn yellow lettering, the name of C. Cave, Naturalist and Dealer in Antiquities, was inscribed. The contents of its window were curiously variegated. They comprised some elephant tusks and an imperfect set of chessmen, beads and weapons, a box of eyes, two skulls of tigers and one human, several moth-eaten stuffed monkeys (one holding a lamp), an old-fashioned cabinet, a flyblown ostrich egg or so, some fishing-tackle, and an extraordinarily dirty, empty glass fish tank. There was also, at the moment the story begins, a mass of crystal, worked into the shape of an egg and brilliantly polished. The clergyman, without any ceremony, asked the price of the crystal egg. Five pounds is my price, said Mr. Cave, with a quiver in his voice. * Also included in this volume are Wells's The Man Who Could Work Miracles, The Plattner Story, The Strange Orchid, The New Accelerator, The Diamond Maker, The Apple, and The Purple Pileus.
- PublisherAlan Rodgers Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWoodlands Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlan Rodgers Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight303 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.