All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt seems that everyone today is fascinated by food. Literature and popular culture prove it. We face an ever-expanding pantry of culinary poems, memoirs, histories and travelogues, t to mention polemics debating the politics of the table, analysing the medical rights and wrongs of eating, and investigating the morality of the contemporary food chain. Visual artists have long focused on still lifes of food; w films and television programmes glamourise cooks, cooking and eating. In The Culinary Imagination, the revered scholar Sandra M. Gilbert traces our gastromic ideas through myths and memoirs, vels, poems, television soup operas , food blogs, paintings and films. The Culinary Imagination is a wide ranging, erudite survey of the ways in which our culture's artists have represented food in a range of genres.
- Author BiographySandra M. Gilbert has published numerous volumes of criticism as well as collections of poetry and a memoir. She is coeditor (with Susan Gubar) of The Norton Anthology of Literature by Women and a recipient of the National Book Critics Circle's Ivan Sandrof Lifetime Achievement Award. A Distinguished Professor of English emerita at the University of California, Davis, she lives in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Sandra M. Gilbert
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight760 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.