All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the relationship between music and culture? The first edition of The Cultural Study of Music: A Critical Introduction explored this question with groundbreaking rigor and breadth. Now this second edition refines that original analysis while examining the ways the field has developed in the years since the book's initial publication. Including contributions from scholars of music, cultural studies, anthropology, sociology, and psychology, this anthology provides a comprehensive introduction to the study of music and culture. It includes both pioneering theoretical essays and exhaustively researched case studies on particular issues in world musics. For the second edition, the original essays have been revised and nine new chapters have been added, covering themes such as race, religion, geography, techlogy, and the politics of music. With an even broader scope and a larger roster of world-rewned contributors, The Cultural Study of Music is certain to remain a canical text in the field of cultural musicology.
- Author BiographyMartin Clayton is Professor of Ethnomusicology at Durham University. Trevor Herbert is Professor of Music at The Open University. Richard Middleton is Emeritus Professor of Music at Newcastle University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/01/2012
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMartin Clayton,Richard Middleton,Trevor Herbert
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.