The Culture Builders: Leadership Strategies for Employee Performance by Jane Sparrow (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.38+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs with many people-oriented initiatives, employee engagement remains an emerging science with as many advocates as detractors. In The Culture Builders Jane Sparrow shares the insight of her research and experience into how companies are creating an engaged workforce. Along the way she looks at the evidence, the case for engagement and how organizations are measuring and defining it. Having an engagement strategy is merely a first step and so the book explores how to enable the manager-as-engager. Alongside the practical models and the guidance, there are stories and examples from leaders and organizations allowing you to learn, amongst other things, about the strong sense of purpose felt in John Lewis Partnership; the importance Incence places on values; how Sony has used visual metaphors to give context and strategic direction and how MGM Resorts targets engagement strategies to the needs of specific employee groups. The need for sustained employee performance has been put into sharp focus in recent years. The Culture Builders is a book that provides the theory and practice to connect employee engagement to long-term performance. Simply reading it won't guarantee that performance. Reading it, learning and applying the lessons it offers, will dramatically improve your chances.
- Author BiographyJane Sparrow began her career in IBM and has held a variety of senior positions in organizations such as Sony Europe, The Energy Project, and MCA (now part of the WPP Group). As Director of Communication and Change for Sony Europe she instigated a new culture of communication, involvement and personal growth through coaching members of the board to engage, motivate their people and sustain high performance. Jane is an active member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) and the past Programme Chair for the IABC Global Conference in 2006, 2007 and 2008. Jane is a co-author of the IABC Handbook of Organisational Communication and she publishes frequent articles in a variety of journals and publications and has been rated an 'All Star Speaker' by the attendees at the IABC World Conference.
- Author(s)Jane Sparrow
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/10/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.