The Culture and Psychology Reader by Joanne B. Veroff, Nancy Rule Goldberger (Paperback, 1995)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 16 Mar
- AU $20.18+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCultural differences affect everything from international relations to the trivial encounters of daily life. Tensions between the U.S. and Japan, strife between African-Americans and Koreans, the difficulty urban youth encounter in adapting to a white-collar professional culture--all can be traced, directly or indirectly, to cultural and psychological barriers. The Culture and Psychology Reader gathers a wide range of contributors to present a comprehensive guide to the myriad issues at the nexus of culture and psychology. What role have culture, race, and ethnicity assumed--or, rather, been allocated--in American psychology? How do traditionally marginalized groups, such as African-Americans, poor women, lesbians and gays, and bicultural people, perceive themselves and what can this tell us about the interplay between culture and psychology? Beginning with definitions and an overview, the book examines such issues as development, adaption, the acquisition of culture, the self in a cultural context, and diagstic assessment and treatment ackwledging the risk of cultural bias. Contributors to this volume include: Clifford Geertz, Richard Shweder, John Ogbu, Laura Brown, Michelle Fine and Adrienne Asch, Cherrie Moraga, June Jordan, Arturo Madrid, Howard Gardner, and Arthur Kleinman.
- Author BiographyNancy Rule Goldberger is a member of the Faculty in Psychology of The Fielding Institute, and a Visiting Scholar at New York University, as well as a coeditor of Women's Ways of Knowing. Jody Veroff is a member of the Faculty of the Human and Organizational Development Program of The Fielding Institute and the author, with Joseph Veroff, of Social Incentives.
- Author(s)Joanne B. Veroff,Nancy Rule Goldberger
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1995
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1089 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.