The Culture of Power in Serbia: Nationalism and the Destruction of Alternatives by Eric D. Gordy (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $69.11Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by goulds-book-arcade
- Est. delivery by 30 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores how the Milosevic government prolongs its tenure despite failures and setbacks that would have, argues the author, brought down other governments. The answer, he maintains, lies in everyday life - the Milosevic regime has largely succeeded in making alternatives to its rule unavailable. By controlling key aspects of daily life, including politics, media, and popular music, it has undermined opposition by closing off alternative voices.
- Author BiographyEric Gordy is Assistant Professor of Sociology at Clark University. His articles have been published in the journals Problems of Post-Communism, Popular Music, and Pacific News Service.
- Author(s)Eric D. Gordy
- PublisherPennsylvania State University Press
- Date of Publication13/07/1999
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennsylvania State University Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight361 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.77Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.