All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinally, there is a cure for alcoholism. This is the first step. Featuring new and updated information and studies, including an introduction by actress Claudia Christian, the second edition of The Cure for Alcoholism delivers exactly what millions of alcoholics and families of alcoholics have been hoping for: a painless, dignified, and medically proven cure for their addiction. Backed by 82 clinical trials and research that extends back to 1964, The Sinclair Method deploys an opiate-blocking medication in a very specific way--in combination with ongoing drinking--to extinguish the addictive software in the brain. The de-addiction process rolls back the addictive mechanism in the brain to its original pre-addicted state--before the first drink was consumed, making this program an actual cure for alcoholism. Drs. Roy Eskapa and David Sinclair of The Sinclair Method have put together a sound scientific book that proves that with this particular method, alcoholism can be cured in more than 78 percent of patients. What's more, the treatment avoids the dangerous withdrawal symptoms, allowing patients to detox gradually and safely while they are still drinking. This removes the need for expensive and unpleasant inpatient rehabilitation programs. Actual drinking levels and cravings automatically decrease until control over alcohol is restored. The bottom line is that patients can control their drinking or stop altogether with the simple yet powerful process outlined in The Cure for Alcoholism. Including a new introduction by actress Claudia Christian about The Sinclair Method's impact on her life, updated trial information, and a letter explaining the treatment that can be given to doctors by patients, The Cure for Alcoholism is a revolutionary book for anyone who wants to gain control over drinking.
- Author BiographyRoy Eskapa, PhD, is a clinical psychologist who has done pioneering research with naltrexone, uses it to treat patients in his private practice, and has worked closely with Dr. David Sinclair of The Sinclair Method on research into the causes and treatments for addiction. He also consults for and speaks to NGOs, government, health, and education organizations on Sinclair's revolutionary cure for alcoholism and other addictions. David Sinclair, PhD, is an American alcohol researcher who has worked for the Finnish National Health Institute (formally Alko Labs) in Helsinki, Finland.
- Author(s)Roy Eskapa
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byDavid Sinclair
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.