Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionBy Fiona Whelpton ISBN: 9781847471253 Published: 2007 Pages: 184 Key Themes: conversion syndrome disorder, anxiety, abuse, activism, christianity After reading The Cycle Path I came away with a better understanding of the issues sufferers face and of the opportunities. - Sir Nigel Crisp, Former NHS Chief Executive Delightful and full of expression and pathos. - Sheila Johnson, Christian Herald Description The remarkable story of a woman who suffers from and overcomes Conversion Syndrome Disorder (CSD), a rare, crippling and extremely frightening condition which causes physical paralysis bought on by anxiety. This real life story describes how Fiona experienced domestic abuse, family problems and how she managed somehow to overcome all this t kwing for years what her illness was. She is w a successful journalist and activist. The Cycle Path is an admirable story of hope and empowerment and is essential reading for all health workers and sufferers of similar conditions - particularly as CSD is so unkwn and widely misunderstood. About the Author Fiona Whelpton was born in London on in 1957 and w lives in Nottingham. As a youngster Fiona wanted to become a professional musician, but she couldn't because it caused her too much stress - something that her condition dictates she must avoid. Instead she became interested in writing and read English Literature and Media at Nottingham Trent University. She is an accomplished poet having had an anthology of sketch work and poetry called 'Patchwork Windows' published with the 'Lost Artists' group. In 2004 Fiona received the Swden award which will allow her to pursue her dream of being a top journalist, she is currently working on several projects including a film version of 'The Cycle Path'.
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationEssex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight143 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.