All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHad eugh of the same old queen s pawn openings? Afraid of losing just because you forgot White s latest move 23 velty in the main lines? Tired of giving up draws to weaker players who ve learned how to drain the life out of Black s major defenses to 1.d4? If so, then the Czech Beni (1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 c5 3.d5 e5!?) may be exactly what you need. In The Czech Beni in Action, two practitioners of this little-kwn but sound counterattacking system join forces to show how you can pose vel problems for opponents of all strengths, leaving them to fend for themselves as early as move 3. Flank gambits, deep behind-the-lines maneuvering, and wildly unbalanced positions are the rm here. Focusing on strategic ideas rather than masses of variations, and using complete games to show how the themes persist even into the ending, the authors survey White s common responses and explain how to handle attempts to sidestep Black s setup. To help guide you through the complications, a concluding selection of typical tactical motifs rounds out the most complete treatment of the Czech Beni in print.
- Author BiographyAsa Hoffmann is a FIDE Master, chess teacher, and author. A New York City Junior Champion and U.S. Armed Forces Championship medal winner, Asa was ranked 21st in the nation by age 21 and went on to have a more than 50-year tournament career, competing against most of the country s top grandmasters. He is currently ranked the top senior blitz player in the U.S. Gregory Keener holds a B.A. in French Literature from New York University and a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School. After leaving his job on Wall Street, he became a FIDE Instructor, manager of the Marshall Chess Club, Web developer, and author. He currently teaches chess at a charter school in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, where he also lives.
- Author(s)Asa Hoffmann,Greg Keener
- PublisherMongoose Press
- Date of Publication07/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMongoose Press
- Weight272 g
- Width132 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.