Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionJust as a prism separates white light into its component bands of colored light, so the discrete Fourier transform (DFT) is used to separate a signal into its constituent frequencies. Just as a pair of sunglasses reduces the glare of white light, permitting only the softer green light to pass, so the DFT may be used to modify a signal to achieve a desired effect. In fact, by analyzing the component frequencies of a signal or any system, the DFT can be used in an astonishing variety of problems. Among the applications of the DFT are digital signal processing, oil and gas exploration, medical imaging, aircraft and spacecraft guidance, and the solution of differential equations of physics and engineering. The DFT: An Owner's Manual for the Discrete Fourier Transform explores both the practical and theoretical aspects of the DFT, one of the most widely used tools in science and engineering.
- Author(s)Van Emden Henson,William L. Briggs
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight760 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.