The Daily Book of Art: 365 Readings That Teach, Inspire and Entertain by Sharon Robinson, Dylan Gilbert, Colin Gilbert, Gabriel Guzman, David Schmidt, Rebecca Razo, Amy Runyen, Elizabeth Gilbert (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's fast-paced world, creative people are as eager as ever to pursue their interest in artistic passions, but many of them simply don't have the time. The solution is w here - a year's worth of brief, daily readings and lessons about the visual arts that both inform and entertain. With topics including Philosophy of Art, Profiles In Art, Art Around the World, Art Through the Ages, readers cover a wide variety of areas - Old Masters, Art Movements, debates on sidewalk art and graffiti being an art form, colour psychology, aesthetic philosophy - and more to give art-starved readers a broad range of inspiring subjects to enrich their lives, along with step-by-step art instruction excercises!
- Author BiographyColin Gilbert of Laguna Niguel, California, is a freelance writer and photographer with a degree in philosophy.Colin Gilbert of Laguna Niguel, California, is a freelance writer and photographer with a degree in philosophy; Dylan Gilbert is a freelance writer, musician, and art aficionado. He lives in Los Angeles, California; Elizabeth T. Gilbert, of Laguna Niguel, California, is a writer, editor, and in-house artist for Walter Foster Publishing; Gabriel Guzman of Montreal, Canada, is a martial artist and computer programmer with a penchant for art in everyday life; Rebecca J. Razo is a writer, editor, and poet with a degree in English and a background in 20th-century British literature; Amy Runyen of Los Angeles, California, is an art instructor with a master's degree in fine art. Sharon B. Robinson, of Long Beach, California, is a freelance writer and independent curator who works in the Curatorial Department at the Orange County Museum of Art. She has a master's degree in art history; David J. Schmidt of San Diego, California, is a freelance journalist, translator, and extensive traveler with an insatiable thirst for art and culture.A lifelong lover of the arts, Elizabeth T. Gilbert earned a BA in English from the University of San Diego in 2003, where she also studied art and anthropology. Elizabeth spent the next eight years as an editor, writer, and in-house artist for Walter Foster Publishing. In 2009, she co-authored The Daily Book of Art: 365 readings that teach, inspire & entertain. Currently she is a freelance writer, editor, and artist working in Colorado, where she lives with her husband, their young son, and a mischievous cat.Gabriel Guzman of Montreal, Canada, is a martial artist and computer programmer with a penchant for art in everyday life.Born and raised in Southern California, REBECCA RAZO has been a writer and editor for more than 16 years, covering everything from art and literature to design and wellness. A former Los Angeles City employee for nearly a decade, Rebecca loves L.A. for its rich heritage, as well as its cultural and geographical diversity, which are best experienced through its myriad quiet locales. For more information, visit www.rebeccarazo.com.Sharon B. Robinson, of Long Beach, California, is a freelance writer and independent curator who works in the Curatorial Department at the Orange County Museum of Art. She has a master's degree in art history.Amy Runyen was born and raised in San Diego County, California. She was awarded a scholarship to the Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia, where she graduated with a BFA in illustration. Amy's work specializes in acrylic, and she paints on a variety of surfaces such as glass bottles, pans, and resin. Her work deals with the social issues of the working poor and blue collar America. She now lives and works in Los Angeles, California, and is in the process of earning her master's degree in fine art.David J. Schmidt of San Diego, California, is a freelance journalist, translator, and extensive traveler with an insatiable thirst for art and culture.
- Author(s)Amy Runyen,Colin Gilbert,David Schmidt,Dylan Gilbert,Elizabeth Gilbert,Gabriel Guzman,Rebecca Razo,Sharon Robinson
- PublisherWalter Foster Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLaguna Hills, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter Foster Publishing
- Content Note250 Colour
- Weight726 g
- Width139 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.