All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArguably the greatest challenges facing humanity are environmental. However, they are routinely under-reported in the media. Pressure groups and governments trying to get information through to the public often blame the media, but the picture is t necessarily this simple. This text presents the state of kwledge about media treatment and public understanding of key environmental issues, above all, climate change and biodiversity loss, which have ermous implications for ecomic, social and environmental security, yet mean little to the person in the street. The concept of sustainable development, which underpins responses to these problems is also shown to be unkwn by most people.
- Author BiographyJoe Smith is Lecturer in Geography in the Faculty of Social Sciences at the Open University and Co-Director of the Cambridge Media and Environment Programme.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2000
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJoe Smith
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.