All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA strange and delightful memento of one of the most lasting literary voices of all time, The Daily Henry James is a little book from a great mind. First published with James's approval in 1911 as the ultimate token of fandom a limited edition quote-of-the-day collection titled The Henry James Year Book this new edition is a gift across time, arriving as we mark the centenary of his death. Drawing on the Master's vels, essays, reviews, plays, criticism, and travelogues, The Daily Henry James offers a series of impressions (for if t of impressions, of what was James fond?) to carry us through the year. From the deepest longings of Isabel Archer to James's insights in The Art of Fiction, longer seasonal quotes introduce each month, while concise bits of wisdom and whimsy mark each day. To take but one example: Isabel, in a quote from The Portrait of a Lady for September 30, muses, She gave an envious thought to the happier lot of men, who are always free to plunge into the healing waters of action. Featuring a new foreword by James biographer Michael Gorra as well as the original introductions by James and his good friend William Dean Howells, this long-forgotten perennial calendar will be an essential bibelot for James's most ardent devotees and newest converts alike, a treasure to be cherished daily, across all seasons, for years, for ages to come.
- Author BiographyHenry James (1843 1916) is among the most widely read and beloved American writers. Among his best-known works are the novelsThe Portrait of a Lady, Washington Square, The Wings of the Dove, The Ambassadors, The Aspern Papers, and The Turn of the Screw. Among his many nonfiction works are The Art of Criticism and The Art of the Novel, both available from the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Henry James
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.