Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dakota people, alternatively referred to as Sioux Native Americans or Oceti Sakowin (The People of the Seven Council Fires), have a storied history that extends to a time well before the arrival of European settlers. This work offers a comprehensive history of the Dakota people and is largely based on eyewitness accounts from the Dakota themselves, including legends, traditions, and winter counts. Included are detailed analyses of the various divisions (tribes and bands) of the Dakota people, including the Lakota and Nakota tribes. Topics explored include the Dakotas' early government, the role of women within the Dakota tribes, the rituals and rites of the Dakota people, and the influence of the white man in destroying Dakotan culture.
- Author BiographyJessica Dawn Palmer lectures on Native American culture and wildlife issues and is the author of 29 books. She lives in Colorado and works as a wildlife rehabilitator.
- Author(s)Jessica Dawn Palmer
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.