The Dance of the Caterpillars Bilingual Bhutanese English by Adele Marie Crouch (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile watching her Chinese immigrant son-in-law learn the English language, it became apparent to the author that prepositions are one of the most difficult concepts to comprehend. Therefore, The Dance of The Caterpillars was written as a fun way to teach prepositions. This exciting children's book contains twenty-two prepositions, one two-word multiple, and two three-word multiples. It is destined to become a valuable learning tool for children as well as English as a second language students. Dzongkha or Bhutanese is spoken by about 130,000 people in Bhutan, where it is the national language, and also in Nepal and India. It is a South Tibetic language closely related to Sikkimese, and to a number of other languages spoken in Bhutan, such as Chocangaca, Brokpa, Brokkat and Lakha. Dzongkha is written with the Tibetan alphabet, which was introduced by Thonmi Sambhota, however the main written language in Bhutan is Classical Tibetan, which differs as much from Dzongkha as French from Latin. There is also an official way of writing Dzongkha with the Latin alphabet kwn as Roman Dzongkha.
- Author BiographyAdele is a published author. Catherine's Travels - Book I and Catherine's Travels - Book 2, Lawson's Search, are historic novels. How the Fox Got His Color and Where Hummingbirds Come From are children's picture books. The Dance of The Caterpillars, which she illustrated herself, is a lesson in prepositions with pictures written for 2nd grade level readers. The Gnome's of Knot-Hole Manor is a chapter book using words with silent letters and words that are spelled differently and sound the same. Her newest release, Alphabet Alliteration, is a new twist on learning A B C's. All of Adele's books are available through her web site (http: //www.creationsbycrouch.com ) and Amazon. Her children's picture books are available bilingual in numerous different languages. Adele Crouch is also a self-taught artist, working in: Acrylics, Oils, Colored Pencils, Graphite and Charcoal. She has been selling her work for more than 40 years. During the last 30 years, Adele has sold and displayed her work in galleries and other businesses in northern and southern California, Washington, Idaho, Tennessee, Arkansas, New Mexico and Arizona. Her interest in art was inspired by a history lesson which featured Michelangelo when she was nine years old. Three of Adele's relatives, her grandfather and two aunts, were artists. This helped in giving her incentive to study and enhance her abilities in the field.
- Author(s)Adele Marie Crouch
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Adele Marie Crouch
- Translated byZhonba Zhonba
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.