All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his book, The Daniel Effect, author J. R. Sargeant examines how you can build and sustain deep, meaningful relationships that endure and thrive even when faced with the hardship and adversity modern living often brings. Experience the life of Daniel and discover seven powerful concepts of relational growth. Use the Circles of Life exercise to visualize your interpersonal boundaries and gain insights that will enhance your personal relationships. Every day we encounter obstacles that bring anxiety and stress in our relationships. We see our careers and income threatened by rising unemployment. Many face eviction from their homes due to foreclosure. Family and social interaction grows increasingly tense. Even our relationship with God is under duress as we witness challenges to traditional beliefs from a progressively secular society. The Daniel Effect begins by briefly examining these and other stressful conditions found in society today, along with the two major issues that create the present Christian Conundrum. The good news is that everyone can easily have a deep relationship with God and that thing we say or do can separate us from the love of God. In this love we can build thriving relationships with those around us. However, adversity and stress attempt to interfere with these relationships. Within that context, the book addresses, from a scriptural point of view, why bad things happen and why there is evil in the world. In the heart of the book, follow the life of Daniel, a young Judean prince who is exiled and enslaved in Babylon. During his life as a slave Daniel experiences seven life-changing events. From these accounts read how Daniel used seven C's of relational growth to survive his ordeal and how they can be applied to relationships today. Additionally, the Circles of Life exercises help visualize how relationships interact and define their boundaries. Discover a critical component to relational assessments that help identify red flags within a relationship, and find out why it is necessary to have a dynamic relationship with self, incorporating two key elements that foster self-success. The Daniel Effect combines more than four hundred scriptural references with the latest research in relational psychology and contains a wealth of historical data that immerses the reader in the life of Daniel and the great city of Babylon. Within this experience find joy in the development of vibrant relationships with family, friends, and God - despite the hardships and stress life has to offer.
- Author BiographyA lifelong Christian, author J. R. Sargeant has more than thirty years of lay teaching experience in youth outreach, bible study, church ministry, and gospel singing. For many years he taught biblical prophecy studies, highlighting the relationships found in the books of Daniel and Revelation. Happily married with two adult children, the author is retired and lives with his wife in the Pacific Northwest of the United States.
- Author(s)J R Sargeant
- Date of Publication23/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.