All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDenmark s many mars are a treasure trove of natural and cultural riches. In addition to the scenic beauty and magnificent architecture they offer, they also stand as monuments to more than five centuries of Danish history. This beautiful book provides readers with the key to experiencing and understanding this cultural heritage. More than a hundred of Denmark s mars are w open to the public, and this book will be your guide to all of them. The landscapes and buildings of Denmark s mars animate the country s cultural heritage, and their many forms from the distinctive red roof of Holckenhavn Castle to the stately white facade of Kokkedal Castle are a testament to Denmark s architectural diversity. The unique atmosphere of the Danish country house has fascinated famous figures from Hans Christian Andersen to Isak Dinesen, and it can be seen as a lasting inspiration in their fairytales and stories. With nearly two hundred color photographs many by acclaimed photographer Roberto Fortuna and a preface by H. R. H. Henrik Prince Consort of Denmark, this book will be the essential compendium of the many country mars that Denmark boasts.
- Author BiographyJohn Erichsen runs the cultural history research and publishing company Historismus and is the former director of the Museum of Copenhagen and the former vice director of the National Museum of Denmark. Mikkel Venborg Pedersen is a senior researcher at the National Museum of Denmark.
- Author(s)John Erichsen,Mikkel Venborg Pedersen
- PublisherMuseum Tusculanum Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMuseum Tusculanum Press
- Weight1701 g
- Width244 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.