All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionA fantastic Steampunk adventure in the deeps Transforming his appearance and stealing secret documents from the French is all in a day s work for fourteen-year-old Modo, a British secret agent. But his latest mission to uncover the underwater mystery of something called the Ictineo seems impossible. There are rumors of a sea monster and a fish as big as a ship. French spies are after it, and Mr. Socrates, Modo s master, wants to find it first. Modo and his fellow secret agent, Octavia, begin their mission in New York City, then take a steamship across the North Atlantic. During the voyage, Modo uncovers an astounding secret. The Dark Deeps, the second book in Arthur Slade s Hunchback Assignments series, is set in a fascinating Steampunk Victorian world. Modo s underwater adventures and his encounters with the young French spy Colette Brunet, the fearless Captain Monturiol, and the dreaded Clockwork Guild guarantee a gripping read filled with danger, suspense, and brilliant inventions.
- Author BiographyArthur Slade has published several novels for young readers, including The Hunchback Assignments; Jolted: Newton Starker s Rules for Survival; Megiddo s Shadow; Tribes; and Dust, which won the Governor General s Literary Award for Children s Literature. He lives in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, with his wife, Brenda Baker.Visit him on the Web at www.arthurslade.com. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Arthur Slade
- Date of Publication13/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Series TitleHunchback Assignments
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.