Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive life story of Alfred Hitchcock, the enigmatic and intensely private director of Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window, The Birds, and more than forty other films. While setting forth every stage of Hitchcock's long life and brilliant career, Donald Spoto also explores the roots of the director's obsessions with blondes, food, murder, and idealized love--and he traces the incomparable, bizarre genius from Hitchcock's English childhood through the golden years of his career in America as one of the greatest directors in the history of filmmaking.
- Author BiographyDonald Spoto is the author of many books, among them internationally best-selling biographies of Alfred Hitchcock, Laurence Olivier, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, James Dean, and Ingrid Bergman. He lives in Beverly Hills, California.
- Author(s)Donald Spoto
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication09/08/1999
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight834 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.