Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom her beginnings as a humble oyster seller, Nell Gwynn's dazzling rise to fame has gone down in history. Step into the tumultuous world of Restoration England, and join Nell on her journey from courtesan, to famed actress to King's mistress in a vel that is as captivating as Nelly herself. She sold her incence...and captured the heart of a king. London, 1660 Growing up in the bawdy atmosphere of 17th century Covent Garden, Nell Gwynn is little more than a girl when she enters the world of the courtesan. But Nell learns the hard way that to be at the mercy of unscrupulous men is life at all. With London's theatres flourishing, Nell seizes an opportunity to change her luck and takes a job selling oranges at The King's Playhouse on Drury Lane. It isn't long before Nell takes centre-stage herself and her saucy wit and ambitious temperament soon catch the eye of the young King Charles II. But can she keep him enthralled when the country's finest Ladies are vying for his attentions at court? Nell Gwynn was a darling of the people and the most famous courtesan of her age. You too will find it impossible to resist her in The Darling Strumpet.
- Author BiographyGillian Bagwell has had a life-long love of books, British history, and theatre, and united these passions in writing 'The Darling Strumpet', her first novel. She began her professional life as an actress, then moved from acting to directing and producing, founding The Pasadena Shakespeare Company, which she ran for nine years. She now lives in Berkeley, California. Please visit Gillian's website, www.gillianbagwell.com, for news on her books, articles, and links to blogs of her research adventures.
- Author(s)Gillian Bagwell
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAVON, a division of HarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight300 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.