The Data Webhouse Toolkit: Building the Web-enabled Data Warehouse by Richard Merz, Ralph Kimball (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRalph's latest book ushers in the second wave of the Internet...Bottom line, this book provides the insight to help companies combine Internet-based business intelligence with the bounty of customer data generated from the internet. --William Schmarzo, Director World Wide Solutions, Sales, and Marketing,IBM NUMA-Q. Receiving over 100 million hits a day, the most popular commercial Websites have an excellent opportunity to collect valuable customer data that can help create better service and improve sales. Companies can use this information to determine buying habits, provide customers with recommendations on new products, and much more. Unfortunately, many companies fail to take full advantage of this deluge of information because they lack the necessary resources to effectively analyze it. In this groundbreaking guide, data warehousing's bestselling author, Ralph Kimball, introduces readers to the Data Webhouse--the marriage of the data warehouse and the Web. If designed and deployed correctly, the Webhouse can become the linchpin of the modern, customer-focused company, providing competitive information essential to managers and strategic decision makers. In this book, Dr. Kimball explains the key elements of the Webhouse and provides detailed guidelines for designing, building, and managing the Webhouse. The results are a business better positioned to stay healthy and competitive. In this book, you'll learn methods for: - Tracking Website user actions - Determining whether a customer is about to switch to a competitor - Determining whether a particular Web ad is working - Capturing data points about customer behavior - Designing the Website to support Webhousing - Building clickstream datamarts - Designing the Webhouse user interface - Managing and scaling the Webhouse The companion Website at www.wiley.com/compbooks/kimball provides updates on Webhouse techlogies and techniques, as well as links to related sites and resources.
- Author BiographyRALPH KIMBALL, PhD, has been a leading visionary in the data warehouse industry since 1982 and is one of today's most well-known speakers, consultants, and teachers. He writes the Webhouse Architect column for Intelligent Enterprise magazine and is the author of the bestselling books The Data Warehouse Toolkit and The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit (both from Wiley). RICHARD MERZ is Director of Engineering for the WebCom division of Verio, the world's largest Web hosting company. He has a strong hands-on background in data warehouse architecture and applications, and has been managing the development of Web and e-commerce software for the past five years.
- Author(s)Ralph Kimball,Richard Merz
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/02/2000
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight708 g
- Width190 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Online resource
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.