All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dawn of the Arab Uprisings sheds light on the historical background and initial impact of the mass uprisings which have shaken the Arab world since December 2010. The book brings together the best writers from the online journal Jadaliyya, which has established itself as an unparalleled source of information and critical analysis on the Middle East. The authors, many of whom live in the countries affected, provide unique understanding and first-hand accounts of events that have received superficial and partial coverage in Western and Arab media alike. While the book focuses on those states that have been most affected by the uprisings it also covers the impact on Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Leban, Palestine, and Iraq. The Dawn of the Arab Uprisings covers the full range of issues involved in these historic events, from political ecomy and the role of social media, to international politics, gender, labour and the impact on culture, making this the ideal one-stop introduction to the events for the vice and specialist alike.
- Author BiographyBassam Haddad is Director of the Middle East Studies Program and teaches in the Department of Public and International Affairs at George Mason University. He is the author of Business Networks in Syria: The Political Economy of Authoritarian Resilience (2012). Rosie Bsheer is a PhD Candidate in the Department of History at Columbia University. Ziad Abu-Rish is Assistant Professor in the Department of History at Ohio University.
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication05/10/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight417 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBassam Haddad,Rosie Bsheer,Ziad Abu-Rish
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.