All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.18
- AU $81.39Trending at AU $84.91
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.79
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe day he starts school, a young boy falls in love for the very first time. Sylvia sits in front of him at school, and he's so in love with her, she's all he can see. But sadly, Sylvia doesn't see him. In fact, it seems the only thing Sylvia has eyes for is birds. ?There are birds on her pants and dresses. She wears bird barrettes in her hair. She draws birds on her tebooks and folders. And when she speaks, her voice sounds like birdsong.? So in a bold attempt to get Sylvia's attention, the boy decides to go to school dressed up as a bird. He endures the stares and giggles of his classmates, and a great deal of discomfort, but the boy doesn't care. Because when it comes to love, sometimes you have choice but to follow your heart and spread your wings. In this sweetly funny picture book, Ingrid Chabbert perfectly captures the emotional essence of a child's first love. The boy's voice as narrator is realistic and endearing as he engagingly and honestly shares the wonder of his experience. With imagination and gentle humor, Guridi uses spare lines in mostly black and white drawings to tenderly express the poignant heart of the story. This book offers a terrific exploration of young children's self-discovery and self-expression, as well as the early development of social skills. It makes a wonderful read-aloud to launch a classroom discussion about relationships and feelings.
- Author Biography<b>Ingrid Chabbert</b> is a children's author and graphic novel writer with dozens of books to her name. She lives and works in France. <b>Guridi </b><i>(Nieto Raul Guridi)</i> is an illustrator whose work has appeared on numerous book covers and in children's picture books. He lives in Spain.
- Author(s)Ingrid Chabbert
- PublisherKids Can Press
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKids Can Press
- Weight431 g
- Width203 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Raul Nieto Guridi
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.