All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the significance of the Father in psychoanalysis today? This book constructs a much needed framework to allow psychoanalysts to consider the difficulties of a generation without a solid anchor in the Father. The Dead Father: A Psychoanalytic Inquiry provides a necessary addition to decades of work on the role of the mother in development. The editors bring together world rewned scholars to discuss current observations in their fields, in terms of the Father's changing but essential functions, both in the lives of the individual and collective. Divided into four parts, chapters focus on: * The Lost Father * The Father Embodied * The Father in Theory * Father Culture. Exploring the role of the father in individual psychology, everyday interpersonal and social experience and cultural phemena writ large, this book will be essential reading for psychoanalysts, as well as psychologists, social workers and scholars in the humanities.
- Author BiographyLila J. Kalinich is a Training and Supervising Analyst at the Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research, where she has included Lacan and contemporary philosophy in her teaching for many years. She is also Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, and is in private practice. Stuart W. Taylor is a member of the faculty of the Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research and is Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He is on the faculty of the Department of English and Comparative Literature at Columbia College, where he teaches Freud to undergraduates. He is also in private practice.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLila J. Kalinich,Stuart W. Taylor
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.34
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.