All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sequel to DEADLY DEFENCE, this book goes further into the areas needed to become a deadly defender and a feared opponent, and provides a large number of practical problem hands set in quiz form. Defence is the hardest part of bridge and even top-class players make mistakes much too frequently. Part 1 of this book gives insights into how to become a deceptive defender and how to recognize special defensive situations. Part 2 consists of a series of quizzes and the answers contain the logic and reasoning behind the correct play. After all the quizzes have been completed, you will be amazed at how much more clearly you can see the winning defence at the table. And practice makes perfect if you tackle the problems again every three to six months. There is a lot of emphasis in the book on helping partner to pass vital information so that partner will be pointed into the right direction to find the winning play. No bridge player can come away from this book without a greater insight into how to be an accomplished defender.
- Author BiographyWladyslaw Izdebski (Author) Wladyslaw Izdebski is a certified bridge teacher and the author of twenty books and hundreds of articles on bridge theory. Roman Krzemien (Author) Roman Krzemien is a certified bridge teacher, author of four bridge books, and has trained and captained the Polish National Women's Team for many years. Ron Klinger (Author) Ron Klinger is a leading international bridge teacher and has represented Australia in world championships since 1976. An Australian Grand Master and a World Bridge Federation International Master, he has written over 60 books, some of which have been translated into Bulgarian, Chinese, Danish, French, Hebrew and Icelandic. He has created many new bridge ideas and devised a number of conventions. He lives in NSW, Australia.
- Author(s)Roman Krzemien,Ron Klinger,Wladyslaw Izdebski
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleMaster Bridge
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width136 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.