The Death Penalty: Constitutional Issues, Commentaries and Case Briefs by Claudia San Miguel, Durant Frantzen, Kelly Cheeseman, Scott Vollum, Rolando V. Del Carmen (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $79.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together the major death penalty cases decided by the U.S. Supreme Court and the legal issues related to the death penalty, this text classifies the cases according to legal issues, provides commentary on the general case law, provides a chart of the cases discussed, and then presents the legal materials in an understandable, easy-to-digest case brief format.
- Author BiographyRolando V. del Carmen retired in May 2011 as Distinguished Professor of Criminal Justice (Law) in the College of Criminal Justice, Sam Houston State University. He has authored numerous books and articles in various areas of law related to criminal justice. He has won all three major awards given by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, and has taught numerous graduate and undergraduate classes in law and has been a mentor and friend to many of his students. Scott Vollum is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology-Anthropology at the University of Minnesota, Duluth, where he primarily teaches classes on violence, the death penalty, restorative justice, criminological theory, and research methods. He conducts research and writes on a variety of topics related to the death penalty, including attitudes about the death penalty and experiences of those impacted by the death penalty (e.g., condemned death row inmates, co-victims of capital murder, and death row exonerees). He also conducts research on and writes about moral disengagement, restorative justice, violence against animals, and crime and justice in popular culture. Kelly Cheeseman was Associate Professor and Chair of the Criminal Justice Program at Messiah College in Grantham, Pennsylvania. Her research interests included female offenders, prison deviance, correctional officer stress and job satisfaction, institutional corrections, the death penalty, ethics, and sexually deviant behavior. Durant Frantzen is Associate Professor of Criminology in the College of Arts and Sciences at Texas A&M University, San Antonio. His research focuses on offender reentry and recidivism, domestic violence policy, and the death penalty. He teaches courses on forensic psychology, statistics, victimology, and comparative systems in criminal justice. Claudia San Miguel is an Associate Professor of Criminal Justice and Chair of the Department of Public Affairs and Social Research at Texas A&M International University in Laredo, Texas. Her research focuses on the trafficking of women and children, dating violence, domestic violence, and various policing issues. She has traveled to England, Poland, Sweden, Austria, and Spain to help form collaborative relationships with their anti-trafficking task forces. She has also taught courses for the Department of State in Roswell, New Mexico, on global human trafficking at the International Law Enforcement Academy.
- Author(s)Claudia San Miguel,Durant Frantzen,Kelly Cheeseman,Rolando V. Del Carmen,Scott Vollum
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnderson Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight793 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.