All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Manchester's epic and definitive account of President John F. Kennedy's assassination -- w restored to print in a new paperback edition. As the world still reeled from the tragic and historic events of November 22, 1963, William Manchester set out, at the request of the Kennedy family, to create a detailed, authoritative record of the days immediately preceding and following President John F. Kennedy's death. Through hundreds of interviews, abundant travel and firsthand observation, and with unique access to the proceedings of the Warren Commission, Manchester conducted an exhaustive historical investigation, accumulating forty-five volumes of documents, exhibits, and transcribed tapes. His ultimate objective -- to set down as a whole the national and personal tragedy that was JFK's assassination -- is brilliantly achieved in this galvanizing narrative, a book universally acclaimed as a landmark work of modern history.
- Author BiographyWilliam Manchester (1922-2004) was a hugely successful popular historian and biographer whose books include The Last Lion, a three-volume biography of Winston Churchill; Goodbye, Darkness; A World Lit Only by Fire; The Glory and the Dream;The Arms of Krupp; and American Caesar. He received the National Humanities Medal and the Abraham Lincoln Literary Award.
- Author(s)William Manchester
- PublisherBack Bay Books
- Date of Publication08/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Content Notemaps
- Weight776 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.