The Deen Bros. Take It Easy: Quick and Affordable Meals the Whole Family Will Love by Jamie Deen, Melissa Clark, Bobby Deen (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you haven't got time to waste, Jamie and Bobby Deen have the meals to make. Imagine getting dinner on the table for your family in forty-five minutes or less. In this inspired and indispensable new cookbook, Paula Deen's sons show you how to whip up 125 delicious Southern-style recipes quicker than you can say, Come and get it!
The Deen brothers kw a lot about cooking good food fast. They hosted the Food Network hit Road Tasted, appear regularly on Good Morning America, and are co-owners (with their mom) of Savannah's famous The Lady & Sons Restaurant. Their fast-paced lifestyles require -fuss meals without a lot of prep. Jamie's a family man who's got to work, serve supper, and still chase after his three-year-old son. Bobby, one of People magazine's most eligible bachelors, appreciates a good meal before heading out to work at his restaurant or for a night on the town. They're the perfect guys to write a guide to swift dishes that don't stint on taste or Southern authenticity.
This mouthwatering collection offers dishes that really deliver on flavor yet can be prepared within a budget. There are hard-to-find ingredients or tricky techniques to follow, just the tasty, irresistible cooking that the Deens have come to be kwn for. For lunch, dinner, or late-night snacks, if you've got meat in mind, how about Speedy Mini-Meat Loaves with Baked Sweet Potato Wedges? If chicken's your choice, Broiled Pesto Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes is a satisfying possibility. And if you're really on the go, there are whole chapters devoted to simple grilling and crockpot cooking.
Lighter fare includes Turkey and Black Bean Burgers with Corny Salsa and Jerk Shrimp Kebabs with Tomatoes, Onions, and Peppers, and main-course salads such as Jamie's Nutty Orange Chicken Salad. If you have kids, they will love Yummy Orange Beef Fingers. In fact, in hor of Jamie's son, there's a whole chapter devoted to kids' food called Jack's Favorites (which might become your kids' favorites too!). And what's a meal without dessert? Jamie and Bobby offer their favorite temptations, ranging from Chocolate Peanut-Butter Malteds to Quick Blackberry Cream Pie.
Seasoned with wonderful never-before-seen color photos of the entire Deen family and sprinkled liberally with Jamie's and Bobby's down-home charm, and including signature dishes from The Lady & Sons Restaurant, The Deen Bros. Take It Easy is a treat in itself for anyone with a full life and an empty stomach.
- Author(s)Bobby Deen,Jamie Deen,Melissa Clark
- PublisherBallantine Books
- Date of Publication08/09/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width195 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byPaula H Deen
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.22Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.