All listings for this product
About this product
The most comprehensive guide to Canadian cheeses ever published.
Chef Gurth Pretty is Canada's food and beverage ambassador. In his definitive guide, he introduces the country's cheesemakers, describes their cheeses, and provides 30 delicious recipes developed with the cheesemakers themselves.
Canada's fine cheeses cross the country -- from Nova Scotia to British Columbia. Selections include those produced by David Wood of Salt Spring Island Cheese Company; the raw milk cheeses of La Bergerie aux 4 Vents; Ermite by the monks of Abbaye Saint-Beit-du-Lac; Monforte Dairy's Tosca; and Emanuela Leoni s Leoni-Grana.
There is also information provided for: Storing and serving cheese Purchasing the featured cheeses Locating cheese festivals and competitions Cheese and wine pairings.
The varieties include cow, goat and sheep cheeses using raw, thermalized, pasteurized and organic milk. The Definitive Guide to Canadian Artisanal and Fine Cheeses is a cheese lover's delight.
- Author(s)Gurth Pretty
- PublisherWhitecap Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitecap Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width169 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71