All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBose-Einstein condensation is a phase transition in which a fraction of particles of a boson gas condenses into the same quantum state kwn as the Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC). This book, a broad study of nlinear excitations in self-defocusing nlinear media, presents a wide array of findings in the realm of BECs and on the nlinear Schrodinger-type models that arise therein. It summarizes state-of-the-art kwledge on the defocusing nlinear Schrodinger-type models in a single volume and contains a wealth of resources, including over 800 references to relevant articles and mographs and a meticulous index for ease of navigation. This book is intended for atomic and condensed-matter physicists, nlinear scientists, and applied mathematicians. It will be equally valuable to beginners and experienced researchers in these fields.
- Author BiographyP. G. Kevrekidis is a Professor at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. He has authored over 450 publications and co-authored/edited five books. He is a Fellow of the APS and a Stanislaw M. Ulam Fellow at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and he is a recipient of a Humboldt Fellowship, an NSF-CAREER award, the J. D. Crawford Prize in Dynamical Systems, and the Stephanos Pnevmatikos Prize for Research in Nonlinear Phenomena, among others. D. J. Frantzeskakis is a Professor in the Department of Physics at the University of Athens, Greece. His research interests include nonlinear waves and solitons, with applications in various physical contexts. He has supervised seven PhD theses, has co-organized several international symposia, and was a guest editor of two international journals. He has authored or co-authored more than 200 peer-reviewed publications, including four invited review papers, and he has co-edited four books. R. Carretero-Gonzalez is a Professor of Applied Mathematics at San Diego State University (SDSU). His research focuses on spatio-temporal dynamical systems, nonlinear waves, and their applications. He is the co-founder and co-director of the Nonlinear Dynamical Systems (NLDS) group at SDSU. He has received multiple NSF grants and has published more than 100 peer-reviewed manuscripts, including three co-authored/edited books. He is an active advocate of the dissemination of science, continuously delivers engaging presentations at local high schools and science festivals, and helps design museum exhibits.
- Author(s)Dimitri J. Frantzeskakis,Panayotis G. Kevrekidis,Ricardo Carretero-Gonzalez
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight910 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.