All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Description'The Delights of Learning Turkish' is a self-study course book that takes the learner from the beginner level to the intermediate level in Turkish. It is designed for English speakers, targeting adult and young adult learners; especially for those planning to settle and live in Turkey or visiting Turkey for business or pleasure. It is a comprehensive, explanatory approach to Turkish language teaching how to construct and use the language both in formal and colloquial forms with dialogues, examples, grammar points, vocabulary and exercises. It shows the grammatical structures in detail with examples, which enables the learners to make their own sentences instead of depending on off-the-shelf phrases. In the book, you can also find general information about the Turkish alphabet and Turkish language as well as tes on Turkish culture in daily life. Covering so many language points, this book is also a grammar reference that targets a wide range of audience including advanced learners. At the end of the book, you will find the keys to the exercises. There are also Turkish - English and English - Turkish glossary sections as well as Turkish proverbs and idioms added to the book with explanations.
- Author BiographyYasar Esendal Kuzucu has extensive experience of teaching and lecturing in both English and Turkish. He taught English at high school and Ankara University before setting up courses for learners of Turkish in Turkey. He has translated novels from English to Turkish including Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach (Marti, published 1994), Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck (Fareler ve insanlar, published 1995) and The Zurau Aphorisms by Kafka from its English edition (Aforizmalar, published 1997). He has also written a series of storybooks for children in English and grammar books for students of English in Turkey (published 1996). He is currently an interpreter and linguist living in England where he has continued his own Turkish classes.
- Author(s)Yasar Esendal Kuzucu
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.