All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionA caregiver's guide to improving life for those with Alzheimer's disease and related forms of dementia. This book is written primarily for caregivers of individuals with dementia. The information that is presented in this book can benefit anyone who wants to improve their understanding of dementia and the practical ways that we can improve the quality of life of those with dementia. The Dementia Concept is structured in three parts. In Part 1, Understand, you will learn the signs, symptoms, and stages of dementia. This section provides an overview of the ways that those with dementia can maintain a vital connection to the world around them. In Part 2, Connect, you will learn the core principles of connecting to individuals with dementia. Mindful interaction, conversation facilitation, creation of a routine, and the use of music as medicine can have profound impacts. Read examples of the successfulness of these methods. In Part 3, Engage, you will learn to apply The Dementia Concept principles to even more specific events and interactions, and create a schedule to optimize each day. These holistic approaches to care have been repeatedly shown to benefit both individuals with dementia and the people who care for them. Books that help people! - Blue Sail Publications, Inc.
- Author BiographyJoshua J. Freitas, CAEd, CADDCT, CDP is an award-winning memory care program developer and researcher. His cutting-edge training philosophy is pushing the dementia care industry forward with the mantra: understand, connect, and engage. Freitas holds five certifications related to dementia care and has studied at some of the world's most renowned colleges and universities including Lesley University, Harvard University, and Berklee college of music. He is dedicated to improving dementia care.
- Author(s)Joshua J Freitas
- PublisherBlue Sail Publications, Inc.
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Sail Publications, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.