All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides a critical but systematic overview of democratic theory and practice in the contemporary world. This is a critical but systematic overview of contemporary democratic theory and practice. This book covers democracy from its Greek origins to its contemporary forms. It examines challenges to democracy posed by deregulated markets and the 'war on terrorism'.This text provides a critical but systematic overview of democratic theory and practice in the contemporary world. The authors show that recent developments are more complex than admitted by proponents of the idea of a democratic world with, what they call, de-democratization of various forms running in parallel with democratization.
- Author BiographyJORGE NEF is Director of the Center for Latin American, Caribbean and Latino Studies and Professor of Government and International Affairs, University of South Florida, USA. BERND REITER is Associate Professor of Comparative Politics at the University of South Florida, USA.
- Author(s)Bernd Reiter,Jorge Nef
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/05/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight309 g
- Width153 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.