All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter Wopper Barraza's fourth drunk driving violation, the judge orders his immediate deportation. But I haven't been there since I was a little kid, says Wopper, whose parents brought him to California when he was three years old. Now he has to move back to Michoacan. When he learns that his longtime girlfriend is pregnant, the future looks even more uncertain. Wopper's story unfolds as life in a rural village takes him in new and unexpected directions.
This immigrant saga in reverse is a story of young people who must live with the reality of their parents' dream. We kw this story from the headlines, but up to w it has been unexplored literary territory.
- Author BiographyMaceo Montoyais an assistant professor in the Chicana/o studies department at UC Davis and an affiliated faculty member of Taller Arte del Nuevo Amanecer (TANA), a community-based art center in Woodland, California.
- Author(s)Maceo Montoya
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.