All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor Corvell has stunned the scientific and political worlds with proposals relevant to man's exploration of space. Dr. Palfrey and Z5 must protect him. But Corvall is also an expert on the control of water. He is then swept off of a ship by a huge spout of water that follows the appearance of a small submarine. It is well kwn that underground nuclear explosions can cause tidal waves if set off in the right place, but what is the cause of this latest string of events? Dr. Palfrey and Z5 have to investigate. Is someone controlling the oceans at least to a limited extent? And how?
- Author BiographyMaster crime fiction writer John Creasey's near 600 titles have sold more than 80 million copies in over 25 languages under both his own name and ten other pseudonyms. His style varied with each identity and led to him being regarded as a literary phenomena. Amongst the many series written were 'Gideon of Scotland Yard', 'The Toff', 'The Baron', 'Dr. Palfrey' and 'Inspector West', as JJ Marric, Michael Halliday, Patrick Dawlish and others. During his lifetime Creasey enjoyed an ever increasing reputation both in the UK and overseas, especially the USA. This was further enhanced by constant revision of his works in order to assure the best possible be presented to his readers and also by many awards, not least of which was being honoured twice by the Mystery Writers of America, latterly as Grand Master. He also found time to found the Crime Writers Association and become heavily involved in British politics - standing for Parliament and founding a movement based on finding the best professionals in each sphere to run things. 'He leads a field in which Agatha Christie is also a runner.' - Sunday Times.
- Author(s)John Creasey
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication07/10/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleDr. Palfrey
- Series Part/Volume Number23
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1963
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Weight245 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.03Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.35Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.