All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $44.15Free postage
- AU $46.65Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive work from one of the leading thinkers in humanistic psychology provides a thorough discussion of the phemelogical foundations for qualitative research in psychology. Amedeo Giorgi's examination operates out of the intersection of phemelogical philosophy, science, and psychology; such a multidisciplinary approach allows him to challenge several long-standing assumptions about the practice of psychology. Giorgi asserts that empiricism is t the best philosophy for grounding the science of psychology--rather, the broader phemelogical theory of science permits more adequate psychological development. Giorgi draws from Husserl's philosophical principles the reasons for conducting research in psychology, and then offers practical steps for applying a phemelogical method and real examples of applications of the method. In fact, Giorgi proposes a method that is theoretically grounded in phemelogical philosophy and yet treats empirically derived data. This is a rigorous but open qualitative research method that is tolerant of pararational givens as well as one that is supportive of rational criteria. The analyses and methods presented in Phemelogical Method in Psychology will be attractive to psychologists, phemelogists, and researchers involved in qualitative research throughout social and human science disciplines.
- Author BiographyAmedeo Giorgi has been on the faculty of the Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center since 1986. Giorgi founded The Journal of Phenomenological Psychology and was its editor for 25 years.
- Author(s)Amedeo Giorgi
- PublisherDuquesne University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationPittsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuquesne University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.