All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDelivering the best possible solution for phase ise and output power efficiency in oscillators, this complete and thorough analysis of microwave oscillators investigates all aspects of design, with particular emphasis on operating conditions, choice of resonators and transistors, phase ise, and output power. It covers both bipolar transistors and FETs. Following the authors guidance, readers learn how to design microwave oscillators and VCOs that can be tuned over a very wide frequency range, yet have good phase ise, are low cost, and are small in size. All the essential topics in oscillator design and development are covered, including: device and resonator techlogy; study of ise sources; analysis methods; design, calculation, and optimization methodologies; and, practical design of single and coupled oscillators. While most of the current literature in the field concentrates on classic design strategies based on measurements, simulation, and optimization of output power and phase ise, this text offers a unique approach that focuses on the complete understanding of the design process. The material demonstrates important design rules starting with the selection of best oscillator topology, choice of transistors, and complete phase ise analysis that leads to optimum performance of all relevant oscillator features. Also included are CMOS oscillators, which recently have become important in cellular applications. For readers interested in specialized applications and topics, a full chapter provides all the necessary references. The contents of the text fall into two major categories: Chapters 1 through 9 deal with a very detailed and expanded single resonator oscillator, including a thorough treatment of both nlinear analysis and phase ise; Chapters 10 and 11 use the kwledge obtained and apply it to multiple coupled oscillators (synchronized oscillators). This text is partially based on research sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the United States Army and conducted by Synergy Microwave Corporation. With the wealth of information provided for the analysis and practical design of single and synchronized low ise microwave oscillators, it is recommended reading for all RF microwave engineers. In addition, the text s comprehensive, step by step approach makes it an excellent graduate level textbook.
- Author BiographyULRICH L. ROHDE, PhD, Dr-Ing, IEEE Fellow, is Chairman of Synergy Microwave Corporation; a partner of Rohde & Schwarz, a Munich, Germany firm specializing in test equipment and advanced communications systems; and Professor of Microwave and RF Technology at the Brandenburgische Technische Universitat Cottbus, Germany. He was previously president of Compact Software, Inc. and a member of the Board of Directors of Ansoft Corporation. Dr. Rohde has published more than sixty scientific articles, and has authored or coauthored six books in the field of microwaves and communications. AJAY K. PODDAR, Dr-Ing, IEEE member, is a Senior Design Engineer for Synergy Microwave Corporation, Paterson, New Jersey, and was previously a senior scientist for the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) (1991-2001), Armament Research and Development Establishment, Pune, India. He has published more than twenty scientific papers. His main interests are communications systems and circuits, specifically RF-MEMS and microwave and millimeterwave oscillators. GEORG BOCK, Dr-Ing, IEEE Senior Member, is Professor of Microwave Engineering at the Technische Universitat Berlin, Germany, and head of the Microwave Department. His main areas of research are the characterization, modeling, and design of microwave passive and semiconductor devices; MICs; and MMICs up to the millimeterwave range. Dr. Bock has published more than 100 scientific papers.
- Author(s)Ajay K. Poddar,Georg Bock,Ulrich L. Rohde
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight863 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.