All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a single-authored exploration of the last fifty years of design, with some contributions from international scholars. It includes a powerful human interest element, as the author recounts her own compelling experiences in the industry. It revisits age-old design techniques under the light of new techlogical advances.Design is one of the most fast-paced fields in the art world, as professionals, students and teachers must reckon with new techlogies before the older versions have much time to collect dust. In The Designer , Rosemary Sassoon surveys fifty years of change in the world of design, evaluating the skills that have been lost, how new techniques affect everyday work, and how training methods prepare students for employment. This indispensable volume reveals how design is both an art and a skill - one with a rich past and momentous relevance for the future.Along the way, Sassoon traces the fascinating trajectory of her career, from its beginning at art school and an early apprenticeship, to her work as an established professional, with advice for designers at every stage of their own development. Weaving together biography and career advice, theory and practice, The Designer provides a unique history of the art form and looks ahead to an age of ever-changing attitudes to drawing, aesthetics and artistic practice.
- Author BiographyRosemary Sassoon was the contributing editor for Computers and Typography, her first book published with Intellect. Her other Intellect titles include The Art and Science of Handwriting, The Acquisition of a Second Writing System, Signs Symbols and Icons, and Handwriting of the Twentieth Century. She now works as an independent consultant.
- Author(s)Rosemary Sassoon
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.