All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEleven stories about love and desire, ambition and despair, that take us back and forth through time from a contemporary Hollywood film shoot to World War I Vienna. In Cork, a bizarre tale of love in Lisbon, an Englishwoman and a Portuguese poet meet once a year through the 1930s and fulfill each other's fantastical desires; in Alpes-Maritimes, a young Englishman must decide between the German woman he's seeing and her twin sister, to whom he is more strongly attracted; and in the title story, The Destiny of Nathalie X, a young, award-winning foreign director, in Los Angeles making a low-budget picture, gradually discovers that he, the cast, the crew and the entire troubled production are heading for unavoidable disaster.
- Author BiographyWilliam Boyd's first novel, A Good Man in Africa, won a Whitbread Prize and a Somerset Maugham Award; his second, An Ice-Cream War, was awarded the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize and was shortlisted for the Booker Prize; Brazzaville Beach won the James Tait Black Memorial Prize; and The Blue Afternoon won the Los Angeles Times Prize for Fiction. Boyd lives in London.
- Author(s)William Boyd
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Out-of-print date14/07/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $86.23
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.27Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.