Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionHeart disease, despite recent improvements, continues to be the single most im- portant cause of death and disability in the United States. It is estimated that the direct cost of medical care for cardiovascular disease is $6 billion dollars per year. Data compiled by the National Center for Health Statistics reveal a dramatic de- cline in deaths from cardiovascular disease in the United States (greater than 20% since 1968). This phemen has been the subject of in-depth study. It is clear that the decline is real and t a statistical artifact. The decrease in mortality has been ted in all sections of the country, though the onset and rate of decline varies in different regions of the country. Both primary prevention, through changes in risk factors, and basic and applied research leading to earlier recognition and im- proved treatment have contributed to the decline. They do t fully explain the decline. Further research is needed to clarify this issue. Clinical cardiologists have been exposed to a veritable explosion of new kwl- edge of mechanisms of cardiovascular disease, development of new improved n-invasive diagstic techniques, and the pharmacodynamics of agents affect- ing the cardiovascular system. This new kwledge results from contributions made by individuals from diverse disciplines including cellular and molecular bi- ologists, geneticists, hematologists, cardiologists, and cardiovascular surgeons.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight438 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMarianne J. Legato
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.