All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis important text shows how child development theory applies to professionals' working practice. Considering theories of development throughout the lifespan from the early years through to adolescence, and transitions to adulthood, this resource is essential reading for a range of professionals including social workers, teachers, and health and mental health professionals. The authors build up an integrated picture of the developing world of the child, looking at genetic and biological influences alongside individual psychological, interpersonal, familial, educational and wider community domains. The final part of the book looks specifically at issues for practice, including chapters on communicating with children exercising professional judgement, and planning, interventions and outcomes in children's services.
- Author BiographyJane Aldgate OBE is Professor Emerita at the Open University and Honorary Professorial Fellow at the University of Edinburgh. David Jones is a Consultant Child and Family Psychiatrist at the Park Hospital for Children in Oxford, and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Oxford. Wendy Rose is a Senior Research Fellow at the Open University, and a former policy maker in the Department of Health. Carole Jeffery is a senior course manager in the Faculty of Health and Social Care.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication23/12/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byCarole Jeffery,David Jones,David P. H. Jones,Jane Aldgate,Wendy Rose
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.