Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Eastern Kentucky a few years after the infamous Hatfield-McCoy feud, The Devil's Back appeals to a variety of readers. Romantics will find its May-December love story irresistible. Thrill-seekers will delight in its depiction of a daring steamboat race, a home invasion, and a hanging. And linguists will find its use of the Appalachian dialect authentic, charming, and rich in imaginative figures of speech like cold as a cow's tit in an ice storm. This vel has a number of lovable characters, among them, the protagonists, Adam and Laurey, as well as characters the reader will love to hate, such as Josh Liggins and Claude Thurston. But there are stereotypical characters in the cast - - all are very human, partaking of good and bad qualities to varying degrees. In the tradition of Lee Smith and Robert Morgan, Parsons has added ather gem to Appalachian literature.
- Author BiographyA Kentuckian, born and bred, Marie Parsons knows the Appalachian region of which she writes quite well. She spent most of her college teaching career in her home state. A few years after retiring, she started writing short stories, and soon these stories morphed into a novel, The Devil's Back.
- Author(s)Marie Parsons
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication27/01/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.