All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The Devil's Chaplain' unveils the mystery behind Charles Darwin's 'On the Origin of Species'. Accurate to the spirit of the history portrayed, 'The Devil's Chaplain' allows the real Charles Darwin to stand up. While Darwin was posing as a Christian to win the hand of the wealthy Emma Wedgwood, he knew that Evolutionary Theory and the Bible present violently opposed ideologies. Darwin stated, that with his mark-making book, he hoped to do good service towards overthrowing the doctrine of Creation. The mystery begins in the Introduction of 'On the Origin of Species', where Darwin wrote . . . As reviewed by 'New Times': [T]he plot is sympathetic to Darwin as a man . . . including the fact that he had a contentious relationship with his father. . . . Sam Vlahos, a veteran television and film actor . . . found it easy to say yes to his part in 'The Devil's Chaplain'. 'It's one of the best things I've seen in a long time . . . it has significance.' . . . The significance he speaks of is the role Darwin actually played in his own melodrama of sorts. The meat of Navarre's script is based on fact, and was even approved by Janet Browne, a leading expert on the life of Darwin, and a professor at Harvard University. . . . During the historically passionate and luculent tale, there is drama, darkness, surprises, and Hitchcockian suspense. . . . Darwin still rules with the evolutionary iron fist, but was he a phony? A plagiarist?
- Author BiographyIn 'The Devil's Chaplain', Alan Navarre, J.D. ('Pound'), directs his legal acumen to the accusation that Charles Darwin committed plagiarism in his mark-making book 'On the Origin of Species'. The findings of Navarre's investigation are paradigm-shifting and confirm the adage that truth is stranger, and more dramatic, than fiction.
- Author(s)Alan Navarre
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication31/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date22/09/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $22.00Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.