All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFoottes have t had it easy. Their dominance of eighteenth- and nineteenth- century literature and scholarship was both hard-won -- following many years of struggle -- and doomed, as it led to belittlement in the twentieth century. In The Devil's Details, Chuck Zerby playfully explores foottes' long and illustrious history and makes a clarion call to save them from the new world of the Internet and hypertext. In a story that boasts a marvelous plot and a rogues' gallery of players, Zerby examines traditional foottes and their less-buttoned-down incarnations, as when used by porgraphers. Yes, The Devil's Details is full of surprises: Zerby hunts down the first bona fide fully functioning footte; unearths a multivolume history of Northumberland County, England, that uses one volume for a single footte; and uncovers a murder plot. He even explains why foottes are like blind dates. Carefully researched and highly opinionated, The Devil's Details affirms that delight in reading can come from unexpected places.
- Author BiographyChuck Zerby developed The Devil's Details from an article he published in The New York Times. A former columnist for the Amherst Record, Zerby lives in Hadley, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Chuck Zerby
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication17/03/2003
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight214 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementTouchstone ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.