All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you love Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series? How about the Rivers of London series by Ben Abrovith? Like a bit of John Le Carre intrigue? If so, you will LOVE The Devil's Evidence. -- Starburst Magazine With the character of Fool, SimonKurt Unsworth has crafted a hero among the damned. HUGH HOWEY, NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF WOOL Thomas Fool the resilient investigator doomedto catalog Hell s atrocities in Simon KurtUnsworth s stunning debut, The Devil s Detective is back. The man with memory of who he was or what led to his damnation is w in command of the Information Office of Hell. This power has only inspired new, deadly enemies like Mr. Tap, the cunning leader of a shadowy organization kwn as the Evidence. Fool alone has survived the wrath of both demon andangel, and w he faces his most thrilling and complexchallenge. Troubling and deadly fires are spreading throughout Hell, and it is Fool s job to sift the ashes and find their source. The clues he finds are mysterious andunsettling, implying something different from theusual litany of cruelty he sees. But one fact is the mostdisconcerting: the fires have left his masters at theBureaucracy terrified. In the midst of the chaos, Fool is sent to accompany a political delegation to Heaven. It is unprecedented for a condemned human to enter the land of the elevated, but Fool is protected as one of Hell s own. When hisarrival coincides with the discovery of an impossible murder, he faces a catastrophic paradox. Violence, corruption, and fear are Hell s currency; how does one investigate evil where those concepts cant exist? Impossible or t, the killings are real, and the evidence leads Fool deep into the contradictions of a visionary landscape, where danger can present itself in any form, and to the heart of a conspiracy with the power to upset the balance of Heaven and Hell. The Devil s Evidence is an exotic crime thriller asexhilarating as anything in recent fiction. It is a provocative vel of horror, filled with sharp twists and propulsive action that will keep you riveted through the final page.
- Author BiographySIMON KURT UNSWORTH was born in the UK in Manchester and now lives in a rambling house in Cumbria with his children and the writer RosieSeymour. He is the author of The Devil s Detective and many short stories, including the collection QuietHouses.
- Author(s)Simon Kurt Unsworth
- PublisherDoubleday Books
- Date of Publication05/07/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDoubleday Books
- Weight703 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.