Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Australia in the years following World War II, Peter Doyle's vels brilliantly explore the criminal underworld, political corruption, and the post-war explosion of sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll. August 1945: the Japanese have surrendered and there's dancing in the streets of Sydney. But Billy Glasheen has little time to celebrate; his black marketeer boss has disappeared, leaving Billy high and dry. Soon he's on the run from the criminals and the cops, t to mention a shady private army. They all think he has the thing they want, and they'll kill to get hold of it. Unfortunately for Billy, he doesn't kw what it is, but he'd better find it fast.
- Author BiographyBorn in Sydney, Peter Doyle worked as a taxi driver, musician, and teacher before writing his first book, Get Rich Quick, (9781891241154) which won the Ned Kelly Award for Best First Crime Novel in 1997. He has since published two further books featuring protagonist Billy Glasheen, Amaze Your Friends (9780091836566) and The Devil's Jump, which also won a Ned Kelly Award. He also wrote the acclaimed City of Shadows: Sydney Police Photographs 1912-1948. (9781876991203) He lectures in writing at Macquarie University, Sydney.
- Author(s)Peter Doyle
- PublisherPuncture Publications
- Date of Publication18/08/2008
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVerse Chorus Press,U.S.
- Weight226 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.80
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.