Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs more than 2,000 people died during the natural disaster, ather silent killer used the heat to cover her own killing spree. Amy Archer-Gilligan operated the Archer Home for Elderly People and Chronic Invalids in Windsor, Connecticut. What was thought to be a respectable business run by a pioneering woman was exposed as little more than a murder factory. Amy would be accused of murdering both her husbands and dozens (as many as sixty) of her elderly patients with cocktails of lemonade and arsenic - all for money. She would be convicted and sentenced to hang and her story would shock turn-of-the-century America and provide the inspiration for The Broadway sensation and classic film Arsenic and Old Lace. Acclaimed crime writer M.William Phelps has written the first book to tell the true story of greed and murder even more shocking than its fictional counterpart. Readers will enter a kind of Twilight Zone where a Bible-thumping caretaker and entrepreneur of the nursing home industry became one of history's most evil female serial killers. With first-hand accounts from Amy's inmatesA , riveting trial transcripts and accounts from the investigative journalists who covered the case, Phelps puts readers face-to-face with a woman who was both a Black Widow and an Angel of Death. Phelps paints a vivid, spine-chilling portrait of turn-of-the-century New England. This is historical true crime at its best.
- Author BiographyM.WILLIAM PHELPS is a crime expert, lecturer and investigative journalist who has more than 600,000 copies of his books in print since 1999. Phelps has appeared on numerous TV shows in the US and has been quoted as the nation's leading authority on the mind of the female murdererA .
- Author(s)M. William Phelps
- PublisherGlobe Pequot Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2010
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Out-of-print date03/08/2011
- Content Noteill
- Weight535 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $100.99Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.