Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe nuns of St Ursula's Convent, led by the Prioress, Sister Jeanne, accused Urbain Grandier, Vicar of Loudon, of sorcery. He was tried, tortured and burned. On this baldly terrible foundation, Whiting has built a powerful, complex play, interweaving the personal dilemmas of Jeanne and Grandier with the political necessities of the time. Although it is set between 1623-34, essentially it is more a period play than Miller's The Crucible.
- Author(s)John Whiting
- PublisherSamuel French Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/1966
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleActing Edition S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSamuel French Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.