The Devious Book for Cats: Cats Have Nine Lives. Shouldn't They be Lived to the Fullest? by Bonkers, Fluffy (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCats once were proud, shrewd, independent animals who lived life on our own terms. But then came a life of domestication, comfort and free health care. And w cats are in danger of losing our sense of adventure completely. Fluffy and Bonkers say it's time to fight back and regain control of your rightful place as ruler of the roost once again. Cats once ruled the alleys, galleys and the valleys. Rodents trembled in fear. Birds steered clear. Cats took chances. Some lived fast and died young...We were on the prowl. But then came a life of domestication that was simply too good to pass up. Humans gave us everything we desired, from ear massages and shelter from the rain to cuddle sessions and free health care. In return, they were permitted to bask in the majesty of our presence. It seemed like a fair trade. Or was it? Has domesticity really been good for cats? What has become of our sense of adventure, our sense of independence? Did you kw that because of boredom and indolence, the average feline today uses up a mere 2-3 of its 9 lives? Fluffy and Bonkers think its time to get out of the comfortable back seat of life and regain control of your destiny. They created this manual to teach discerning cats how to wake up a human when they want to get fed, how to stare like a pro, how to carry yourself in a catfight and - most importantly - how to get away with practically anything. With The Devious Book for Cats you can return to the ble creature you once were and assume your rightful place as the ruler of your household once again.
- Author BiographyFluffy and Bonkers were helped by Action 5, a comedy writing collective based in New York and Wisconsin. They are Joe Garden, Janet Ginsburg, Chris Pauls, Anita Serwacki and Scott Sherman. Action 5 write for The Onion, the award-winning, US-based, parody newspaper published weekly in print and daily online. It features satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news as well as an entertainment newspaper and website known as the The A.V. Club. It claims a national print circulation of 599,000. Emily Flake is an illustrator, cartoonist, and author. She is the creator of the cartoon strip Lulu Eightball, as well as the author of the Prism Award-winning book These Things Ain't Gonna Smoke Themselves. She lives in Brooklyn. Look up her work at www.eflakeagogo.com.
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note75 b/w illus
- Weight170 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.